When scrapbooking I feel like I am totally in my zone. If you are a manufacturer, publication or company looking for a reliable, honest, and enthusiastic paper crafts designer that consistently produces high quality projects, I welcome you to contact me. I primarily create 12x12 layouts, but also delve into other sizes, mini-albums, altered items and card making. I am a traditional scrapper, digital designer - combine the two and that makes me a hybrid artist as well!
Styles & Techniques...
As a former career graphic artist I have a great eye for color and design. My eclectic style layouts and paper craft projects have been described as inspiring and innovative – and products are used to create a mood and tell the story. “Well-rounded” has also been used to describe my style, with a full sense of color, journaling, photography and balance. If you look at the list below you will see that I have a number of publications to my credit - I love to submit and will diligently submit my work created with YOUR product!
Scrapbooking and Beyond
Bittersweet Season, Head to Toe, In the Moment - Fall 2010
Dear Santa layout - Winter 2009
Blink and Where Two Seasons Meet - Fall 2009, page 68-69
Dear Santa Card - Cards, Cards, Cards Winter 2009, pg. 16
Glimpse - fall 2008 issue
Leaf Collector - November 2009 -Seasonal Solutions
Long-Time Friends - October 2009 - Tips n Tricks column
*Snowflake Ornament - Jan. 2008 (p. 123) with special on-line bonus projects
*Blessing Box - Nov. 2007 Seasonal Solutions (p. 25 full page)and also featured on CK's home web page
Exuberance - June ‘06 Tips and Tricks (p. 71)
You Bring Me Rocks - embellishment article Feb. 2006 (p. 135)
Potter's Hand - July 2005 (p. 84)
Beak-O-Matic -Jan. 2008 Reader Gallery, pg. 84
Snow Angel - Jan. /Feb. 2007 (p. 122)
See God- May/June 2006 (p. 43)
*"Apple Serving Tray" - April 2009 Cards & Gifts Issue
*"Be Me" Leather Journal - October 2008
*Winter Glory Greeting Card - Holiday Cards & More Idea Book, pg.
*Gift Bag - Healing Rain Special Photography book, pg. 40 -full page feature
Selah Dec./Jan. 2008 p. 76
BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
*"Santa Baby" Serving Tray - Etc. Column, Nov./Dec. 2008, pg. 80
Memory Makers/FW Publications:
You Rock and Journey Time layouts - Scrapbook Idea Gallery 2009 (pgs. 69 & 70)
Friends page 86, Simple Things page 69, and CC page 57-Scrapbook Idea Gallery 2008 annual issue - Summer 2008
Growing Up Green and Through a Child’s Eyes -March/April 2008 Reader Gallery, pg. 79 and pg. 81
Bed Budzzz and Pray- Fabulous Friends Idea Book (Summer 2008 release)
Wishes - Jan. 2008 Reader Gallery (p. 67)
Dear Abby- Scrapbook Idea Gallery 8 2007(p. 100)
Sweater Season - 601 Great Scrapbooking Ideas 2007(p 86)
Natural Beauty - May 2007 Reader Gallery (p. 98)
First Day of Pre-K and Real- Celebration 2007 Idea Book (p. 92/ 99)
Color Me Silly - Toddler-hood Idea Book 2007 (p. 35)
Gift from God - Finding Your Groove Idea Book 2007 (p. 93)
Winter's Nap - Scrapbook Idea Gallery 7 2006 (p. 70)
Stampington & Company
**Vanity Tray - August 2008 Somerset Home (home decorating idea book)
In Daddy's Arms Life Images: The Art of Photo Journaling
Released Spring 2008, page 65
*"Love" Key Hanger July/August/Sept. 2006- (p. 83)
Warning -Camera May Cause Glare -Journaling Your Story Idea Book 2007 (p. 107)
Eyes - February 2008
First Fish-April/May 2007 (p. 82)
OTHER IDEA & SPECIALTY BOOK PUBLICATIONS
- Cantata Publications (including commissioned work)
- Carson-Dellosa Publishers
- Lark Publishing
- Leisure Arts
Papercrafts E-Zine/Special On-Line Book Release July 2010
"Paper Crafting Secrets That Make the Difference", page 20
Scrapbook News and Reviews E-zine
Close Encounter - Simply Scrapbooking/Simply Powerful Journaling feature - September 2008
Cards: Thinking of You and Love - July 2008 issue
Faded With Time - April 2008 issue
Light of the World - February 2008 debut issue
Persimmon Springtime - March 2008 issue
All publications are layouts unless noted with *, which indicate altered item.
- April '09 - Spring Contest Runner Up -traditional layout "Bubbles" featuring Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday
- January '09 Featured Artist - A Cherry On Top
- November '08 Featured Artist - A Cherry On Top
- October '08 Cat Walk at ScrapSis TV - Wise Guy mini album
- Reminisce Mfr. Design Team Contest - 4th runner up (September 2008)
- Creating Keepsakes homepage, featured artist (March 2008)
- Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine, reader spotlight (March 2008)
- Scrapbooks, Etc. e-newsletter also featured my layout "Flirt with Red" for the issue highlight (April 3, 2008)
- Have won and placed in many on-line message board contests, as well as having layouts accepted into manufacturer’s galleries, including Basic Grey, Prima and more.
BoBunny Press - August 2009 to present
Magistical Memories Mfr. Design Team - October 2008 to present
K-Joi Studios Creative Team - Hybrid/Digital Artist, September 2007 to August 2009
Faith Sisters Creative Team - Hybrid/Digital Artist, January 2008 to Dec. 2008
Scrapbook Playground.com - December 1, 2006 through September 2008
Scraptalk.com -April 2005 through December 2007
Guest Designer Honors:
- Piggy Tales (mfr.)- Free-lance Designer for March 2009 kit
- The Paper Element (mfr.)- October/November 2008
- Magistical Memories (mfr.) - September 2008
- Homegrown (kit club) - 2007/2008 Winter Survial Kit-Guest Designer
- Busy Bee Scrapbooking (on-line store) - April 2007 Guest Designer (Honorable Mention for design team)
- Scrapfriends Review Team - February 2007
- Crossed Paths (Mfr.) -March/April '06 (Honorable Mention for design team)
Several additional honorable mentions for manufacturer and on line store design team searches.
January 2009 to Present: Edward Jones, Cross Plains, WI
Title: Branch Office Administrator
- Offer superior service to clients
- Support financial advisor
- All administrative/organization tasks for office
- Community marketing of branch
September 8, 2008 to January 2009: Scrapbook Superstore, Madison, WI
- Supervise staff and oversee operations for afternoon/evening and weekend shifts.
- Floor sales - encouraging customers to preserve their memories, building enthusiasm and helping them to consider and learn new techniques.
- Responsibilities also include product orders, inventory control, display design and event planning.
July 28, 2000 to September, 2008: St. Martin’s Lutheran Church, Cross Plains, WI 53528
Title: Administrative Assistant, Part-Time
Worship Team support was a major portion of this job, creating bulletins and PowerPoint slides to promote worship flow. Also prepared all communications, including a monthly newsletter averaging 16 full-sized pages. Other duties included receptionist, scheduling of building use, public relations, special event organization and staff support duties. Worked closely with the pastor and other staff members to provide support for ministries associated with a church congregation of approximately 600 members.
1984 to August 2000: Springs Window Fashions, Inc., Middleton, WI
Title: Graphic Artist
· Design and layout of product brochures, price books, point of purchase displays, trade show signage, and other print material pertinent to marketing of window treatment products.
· Created monthly newsletter and implemented an in-house, on-line news bulletin.
· Worked in web design elements/development using PhotoShop.
· Involved with a variety of associate driven teams, including a team to improve communications between associates and management.
1994-2004: Oakridge Enterprises, LLC
Self-employed in a business that involved product design and development, wholesale purchaser marketing, sales, customer education and service. Developed excellent business reputation. Business was closed with new found interest of scrapbooking.
· Madison Area Technical College – Associate Degree in Printing & Publishing obtained 1983.
· Advanced PhotoShop – February 2000 (continuing ed. through Springs Window Fashions).
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Quark Xpress and PhotoShop professional layout and design software. Also efficient in Microsoft products, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel. Quick to learn new software.
· Strong work ethics: self-starter, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and a team player.
· "Idea person" - the mojo never stops when it comes to designing paper crafts projects, and even product ideas.
- Fiskars Brands Make 'n Take Demonstrator - CHA July 2008
- Certified Fiskars Demonstrator - certified February 2008
- Free lance instructor at the Scrapbook Superstore, Madison, WI, 2005-2006
- CKU Alumni - Spring 2005
- Published free lance writer for various magazines, including Fancy Publications.